Saturday, October 11, 2008

Today's DING!s

The Star-Spangled Basher, level 28 SS/WP Brute

I ran up against one of Willpower's limitations today. During the Shaper Cult story arch, there's a mission where you face the stone wielding members of the Legacy Chain. My previous experience with these guys was on my Bane and on my old Invulnerability Brute. Both handed the Chain their rear ends. But not this time!

The thing is, the stone wielding members of the Legacy Chain like to stay at range rather than melee you. Willpower depends upon mobs getting into melee for much of its mitigation, and these guys were just not cooperating, so I faceplanted on them, twice, munching Inspirations all the way. They even successfully Immobilized me! That's something that's never happened to me on a Brute before.

In melee, Willpower is golden. If your opponents largely stay at range, you're in real trouble. The good news is that rarely happens in PvE. The Chain is an exception. Barracuda, Metal Shift, and Calystix all fell to Basher, but this one Legacy Chain Boss and his minions handed me my butt.

Sometimes, Invulnerability really does look like a champ (and it is!)

No comments:

Post a Comment