Thursday, October 2, 2008

Castle Talks I13 PvE Power Changes

In this article at the official forums, Castle tells us some of the PvE highlights to the power changes coming in I13 (I'm sure this is only the tip of the iceberg):

  • Energy Aura gains Toxic Resistance and a small self-heal (4% per target when fully enhanced).
  • Invulnerability loses the Defense debuff, is given more Defense for fewer surrounding opponents, 50% Defense debuff resistance, 25% Endurance Drain resistance, and 20% movement slow resistance.
  • Kheldians get to use their Inherent in forms instead of just in human, get a range increase in human form, damage increase for all 3 forms, and can shift into Dwarf form even if mezzed. Also, toggles will not drop if mezzed. Khelds just might be playable now! I'll give them another go in I13.
  • War Mace has Crowd Control max targets increased from 5 to 10, and Clobber becomes a good damage power rather than a control power. However, the set also, inexplicably, gets nerfs: Shatter's targets go from 10 to 5, and Clobber's disorient duration is cut basicly by half. The disorient duration cut I can understand, but the reduction in targets for Shatter? The set has damage problems and I don't see how this helps. Also, how does this affect Bane Mace I wonder? Will Banes be allowed to Crowd Control 10 targets with Crowd Control? I hope so!
  • Temperature Protection from Fiery Aura gets a 20% movement slow resist. Something tells me this is going to be changed to 20% recharge resistance before all is said and done. Fiery Aura is very vulnerable to -recharge.
  • Dark Melee's Midnight Grasp gets burst damage with some DoT, and the set overall gets a damage increase (I don't know if this will make it fun to play; I prefer actual attacks over utilities, YMMV).
  • Energy Melee's Barrage gets an increase in Damage Per Activation. I always did like this power as it's one of the few fun animations in a very boring-animation set. Not everyting is about numbers, people! How a power looks and sounds is just as important in its fun factor if you ask me.
Very intereting stuff! I do want to roll a couple more Brutes based on this. I want to try Battle Axe/Fiery Aura (hey, a Brute is going to be better than a Tanker with this combo...uh, maybe lol) and Mace/Super Reflexes (I've been wanting to get another SR Brute going ever since I lost interest in my Axe/SR. I love that secondary, and Mace does have its charms. I love the mace moves on my Bane, but on a Brute the mace is a very different animal).

I would like to see SR get an increase in movement slow resist based on other sets getting its once-iconic 20% slow resistance. Maybe buff it to 30%?

At any rate, Issue 13 is proving to be a terrific Issue! I can't wait to see more about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment