Tuesday, September 9, 2008

My Pick for the Machinima Contest

Donuts

I think it'll win because it clearly shows the good and dark side of the character, shows a lot of skill in CoX machinima-making, and is funny (I think the contest runners prefer funny over serious based on their example video).

Honorable mention to Infinite Dark.

It shows plenty of technical skill, and the good and dark versions of the character are clearly depicted. It's a serious take though, and I don't think that's quite what the contest runners are looking for. Extra points from me for making it serious though, because it's far more challenging doing drama with CoX than comedy. Let's face it: the game is ready-made for comedy. Drama is far more of a challenge. Also, 8 Baller is an awesome character. One of my favorites. "Let's turn on the lights!" What an awesome line.

Both videos feature great voice acting. Dollars to donuts (hehe) one of these two wins.

P.S. As a side note, I think the fact that there is a big prize to be had in this contest (a new car) has brought out a lot of ugliness in some of the contestants/contest audience. Lots of gaming the system going on. My Villains would say that's why you screw the other guy before he can screw you, it's human nature. My Heroes would say look how good all those videos are despite who wins. That too (producing beautiful things), is part of human nature. The part worth saving.

I agree with my Heroes, even if the world agrees with my Villains.

No comments:

Post a Comment