Wednesday, September 3, 2008

My New Favorties: Necro/Dark MM & MA/NIN Stalker

I have a love/hate relationship with my Bots/FF MM. She's my oldest surviving character, and gave me 43 or so levels of comparative fun, but I can't stand to play her anymore (except in the rare Siren's Call PvP session; BTW Bots/FF sucks in RV IMHO). Bots/FF is very boring. So boring it put me off Masterminds for over a year-and-a-half.

All that's changed now with Master Obsidian, my currently level 18 Necro/Dark MM. The minions are survivable (Bots are more survivable), kill quickly (Bots kill slowly), and look really cool (Bots look...OK I guess). And Dark is a much more active secondary that puts you right in the thick of things. I love FF thematically, but it's a straight-up boring set (on a MM and doubly so on a Defender).

As for my new Stalker, I had rolled up a MA/Regen at first but once again I cannot stand green stars flying out of my keister and it's way too clicky. Also, I fell out of love with the concept (concept>all). So after mulling it around for a while I get the image of a sporty woman covered head-to-toe in a bright red body suit, with a shock of blonde hair trailing out of the top. I always wanted to try Ninjitsu (I love SR, and Ninjitsu is SR 2.0) so The Crimson Chameleon, MA/NIN Stalker was born.

I'm trying for a Staminaless build with her. At level 17, so far so good. I'll be IOing for Recovery bonuses, of course. This also lets me get the toys instead of delaying them or cutting them from the build entirely. I picked up Caltrops at 14 and they've saved my rear numerous times already. Throwing them doesn't supress Hide, so that should make some very interesting tactics possible in PvP since Caltrops Slow and have -Jump (-Jump and Slow are both deadly in PvP).

One reservation: looking at the prices of Miracle Uniques on the Black Market nearly made me cry. 50-60 million on average? Wow. That'll be saved for level 50 grinding, then. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment