Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Open Beta On Now! Surprise! I Was In Closed Beta ;)

Played it pretty close to the chest there, didn't I? Yep, I was in closed beta. My very first, and I have to say it was lots of fun. A few notes:

  • PvP is looking up, especially for melee. I'm a bit concerned over the state of Defense for sets like Super Reflexes, Castle hinted to me on the closed beta boards that things are looking up for Defense. Otherwise, I'm well pleased with the direction of PvP. (Also, squishy inherent resist needs to be lowered).
  • Shield Defense is great fun, but needs a bit of a buff. And it looks like it'll get it. Potentially a great set. I ran a Dark/Shield Brute, Electric/Shield Brute and a Shield/Super Strength Tanker.
  • Patron Powers are now worth picking! The only beef I have is Stalker Mace Mastery actually got worse with the Spiderlings being traded for the very weak Distruptor Blast. I'm very happy with what Doms got (Soul Drain, Personal Force Field and Power Surge!) And everyone (except Mace Stalkers) came out ahead. Fantastic!
  • Day Jobs are a fun bonus. I especially like the XP from Patrol. My favorite Accolades? The Police Baton, Sleep Grenade and Placate Power. The -Teleport Accolade is great for MM PvP. I wish the Accolades stuck around for more than 2 hours of play or 20-30 uses, however. Still, very much worth it and a nice addition to the game.
The announcement and details at the official forums.

No comments:

Post a Comment