Thursday, November 10, 2011

Sinister Streak PWND by Longbow

Sinister Streak: 37 SR/KM Tanker (Villain)
So my first and so far only real disappointment with my super-speeder concept level 37 SR/KM Tanker named Sinister Streak came when I met a pair of +1 Longbow Bosses. A Psi/Empathy paired with a MA/SR. The pairing proved deadly as the Psi Boss kept me Terrorized (SR has some of the best mez protection in the game, but no Fear protection) while the MA Boss slowly worked past my 43% Melee Defense  to crush me with his very hard hitting attacks.

Being melee, I'm not in the habit of keeping more than one Break Free in my Inspiration tray at a time. This was one of those very rare situations where several were necessary.

The solution was to carry four Break Frees to give me time to kill the Psi Boss and make sure to use Elude to counter the To Hit buff the Psi Boss was providing the MA Boss (Yes, Elude can come in handy even on a softcapped character at times!) I had a couple of frustrating false starts that sent me right back to the hospital because in my increasing frustration I forgot to activate Elude. The pain...the pain!

Remembering to actually use Elude (I had dropped the Defense Inspirations out of my tray to make room for the extra Break Frees) the Break Frees kept the Terrorize off of me and the Psi Boss finally went down. The MA Boss got worked down soon after, but one of Kinetic Melee's shortcomings is that it only provides 7.5% To Hit in Power Psiphon (Build Up provides 20%) so when the MA Boss started to Elude as well, I had to wait it out as my hit chance dropped to 22%, preventing me from doing enough damage to him to kill him.

Finally, the MA Boss went down too when his Elude dropped, but the damage had been done. I'd been completely embarrassed by those Longbow Bosses. It was a Pyrrhic victory.

The Shame of Sinister Streak
I'm going to forget it and move on because Sinister Streak has been a blast so far and these were only three of the maybe six defeats total he's suffered up to level 37.

No comments:

Post a Comment