Friday, November 18, 2011

Free To Play Friday: Issue #2: The Unjusticing

Ms. Sports peeping while waiting in the queue.
So it turns out rolling on Justice was a mistake. I want to level up going through four Death From Below trials, and out of the three queue attempts on Justice, none resulted in getting into a DFB trial. I spent my second slot on Virtue server, rerolled Ms. Sports and the first queue I went into got me into a trial.

I guess if you want easy, reliable teaming around the clock, Freedom and Virtue are still the only real game in town.

Click past the break to read about the rest of my week!


I noticed a lot of teams are put together by players using "Please Send Tell" and Broadcast requests. As a free player, both avenues are unavailable to me. Luckily, the Team Up Teleporter fills in this gap. I don't know how I'll get onto teams for later levels. I guess I'll see.

So through this week I completed three Death From Below Trials and one complete set of newspaper missions. This got me up to level 13, with my build half-DOs and half-TOs, and got me Damage, Defense and Accuracy boosts in addition to a jet pack from the Mayhem mission. The fourth DFB should allow me to completely DO my build and get the Endurance boost.
Ms. Sports vs The Hydra Head
A good tip is to not slot the SOs you are given on the trial, but instead go to an origin specific store to sell them off for Inf.

So far I'm not feeling very restricted by the free features. It feels like there's a ton of content out there to do (there is!) and I'm getting quite a few free perks. No Recipe or Salvage drops means less income, but so far DFB is paying well enough to not worry about it yet. I don't anticipate being able to fully slot SOs at level 22 (nor was the game designed with people doing that in mind; you are meant to keep using DOs well into your 20s and beyond: DOs drop all the way up to level 40!).

I'm going after the Smuggler Day Job badge to get extra Enhancement drops to help out. I was pleasantly surprised to see my free account character was accumulating day job bonuses like Patrol XP. I previously thought free accounts were denied Day Job perks, but looks like I was wrong. What a fun free bonus! Since  I'm Energy Aura, I might go after the Combat Shield Day Job temporary power, too. It fits EA perfectly for a nice on-demand mini-godmode.

War Mace is feeling very, very solid in the damage department. Scrapper damage really makes the set shine, at least at these low levels. Energy Aura is a different story. Up to this point, I've had about five defeats. EA is definitely feeling squishy. But, I recently got Entropic Shield, which gives a very nice Recharge bonus and slows the incoming attacks, so the set should start to feel more solid in the coming days.

That's all for now! Join me again next week for more Free To Play Fridays!

No comments:

Post a Comment