Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Missing SBOs; New Charater; Issue 24; Financials Due Soon

Comet Master, Grav/NRG Dominator Villain
So if you store your Store Bought Origin (SBO) Enhancements in emails, and forget about them for 60 days, those emails and enhancements will get deleted. I found out the hard way. I didn't think they'd delete pay Enhancements like that. Considering petitioning to get them back, but I don't know, I kind of just shoulder-shrug about it.

I rolled up a new character, a Grav/NRG Dom. Energy Assault is amazing these days, but what people don't realize is that Gravity, once it gets its pet Singularity (Singy) is one of the best control sets around. A good half of the set's control potential is in that pet. Oftentimes, Singy allows you to just blast and not worry too much about even controlling anything. That's the beauty of Gravity Control, and nobody sees that. And yes, I haven't written a bio as you can see. Sometimes I have to experience a character in-game for a good while before I know who they are.

Issue 24 has some stuff. Leveling content! Sweet, sweet, much needed leveling content! But tier-9 VIP exclusive costume set. Boo. And Blasters getting another buff, this time quick snipes (Doms benefit, yay!) but also getting regeneration in some of their secondary powers. Regeneration is not going to save a Blaster. A Blaster's still gonna die. I don't see the point. But okay, I guess. Oh, and power pools just got awesome. Customization, and a new pool power that turns your character into an "unrelenting berserker".

The latest financials for NCsoft are due out this week. Following hot on the heels of a very weak Issue 23 numbers will probably be down again (I'd love to be wrong about that). The good news is NCsoft either has forgotten the game is still running, or they like it, they really, really like it. What could possibly go wrong?

No comments:

Post a Comment