Wednesday, September 7, 2011

My City of Heroes Blog is Now My City of Heroes Blog Freedom

My City of Heroes Blog is now My City of Heroes Blog Freedom!

Yes, City of Heroes is going free to play, and the open beta is underway. If you have a current subscription, check out the beta forums and how to get onto the beta server.

Freedom is looking very good! They need to look at the returning player experience a bit (granting one free 30 day IO license to returning players would help with that) but that's my only real criticism of the game's single most epic update of all time.

My favorite parts are the now-retired Booster Packs being sold a la carte, Super Reflexes for Tankers (softcap on SOs!) and Street Justice (very well balanced, well executed set!)

No release date announced yet, but if the latest patch passes muster, we should be seeing the head start very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment