Thursday, September 6, 2012

My Farewell Leveling Tour & In-Game Protest Saturday

Daemodand rerolled to SJ/SR Brute
I'm taking my farewell leveling tour of City of Heroes Freedom. I'm doing it on the beta server because at this point there is little difference between the beta server and live, and beta has options like the new bodysuit Daemodand is wearing above.

For my last trip to 50, I decided to roll Daemodand as what he would've been if I had been just starting out today. That means a change from MA/SR Scrapper Hero to SJ/SR Brute Hero. Street Justice is the set Martial Arts should have been, and Super Reflexes is much more enjoyable on Tankers and Brutes due to the bad power ordering on Scrappers (no AOE Defense at all until level 26!) I have fond Memories of Martial Arts, but overall it just sucks compared to Street Justice. Back when I first rolled Daemodand, Martial Arts was as close to my vision of the character as the game would allow. Street Justice absolutely nails it.

And that bodysuit! I had plans on buying the whole bodysuit pack because it's some of the best, most superheroy stuff they've added to the game in a long time. I'm very pleased with Daemodand's new look.

In other news, there's a groundswell of player activism concerning the effort to save the game. There's going to be a protest on Virtue server's Atlas Park at 2 p.m. PST on Saturday, September 8th if you care to participate. For myself, quiet acceptance of the game's fate along with enjoying my final tour through the game is the direction I'm choosing to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment