Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Long Time No Post & Issue 14 Goes Live

Greetings! Long time no post. Time constraints combined with the fact that playing CoH on a MacBook (which is doable but somewhat painful) means I've not had a lot to say about the game lately. I'll try and get some game time in due to the siren's call of Mission Architect. And speaking of Issue 14:

It's live, but Freedom has to wait extra long due to technical issues. This is why you spread characters out among more than one server (and more than one coast).

Elusivity has been nerfed hard in I14. Cut back by 66%. I think what's hurting Elusivity from a balance perspective is the fact Diminishing Returns was put into the game alongside it. In Arcanaville's original whitepaper on Elusivity, the assumption was made that ToHit would be as high as it used to be. Diminishing Returns pushed ToHit bonuses way down from where they were, so Elusivity ended up looking like a solution that no longer had a problem. I think they'll turn it back up slightly, to about a 50% nerf sometime in the future, but that's just a guess. It was nice while it lasted, and Defense based characters were certainly not unkillable (with the singular exception of Widows), but we'll see what happens.

Mission Architect is looking more promising than I thought. I can see myself leveling characters from 1 to 50 just in MA due to the wide array of enemies you can face compared to the official missions. The ability to make custom enemy groups and assign them custom powers is just amazing. If only the missions weren't "fake".

I got a really good deal on the Good vs. Evil pack ($9!) so I'll get the goodies and some extra play time, almost for free. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment